Beaver Damage Relief Available to Landowners


Cherokee County landowners and land managers experiencing land, pond and pond dam damage resulting from beaver activities can sign up to receive trapping service from Wildlife Services.
In order for trapping to take place, landowners must contact their office at (903)683-5416 or come go to 165 East 6th St. Courthouse Annex Building to be placed on the waiting list on a first come first serve basis. Being placed on the waiting list does not guarantee a property visit by Wildlife Services. A representative and/or trapper with Wildlife Services will contact the landowner so abatement or trapping procedures can then occur once work in Cherokee County begins.
For more information, contact the Cherokee County office of the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service at (903)683-5416, come by the office or email

Educational programs of Texas A&M AgriLife Extension are open to all people without regard to socioeconomic level, race, color, sex, disability, religion, age or national origin. The Texas A&M University System, U. S. Department of Agriculture, and the County Commissioners Courts of Texas Cooperating.

Edit Module