National Coloring Day Encourages Young and Old To Get Out the Crayons
National Coloring Day is September 14, a reminder to get out the crayons and enjoy the experience. Always a great activity for children, adult coloring books became popular the last few years. Studies show that coloring improves overall wellness no matter the age.
ColorIt says therapeutic elements parents sought to keep their children calm or entertained before dinner, are now being applied to adults, to help distract them from the daily pressures of life.
Here are their top seven benefits of coloring for adults:
1. Your brain experiences relief by entering a meditative state.
2. Stress and anxiety levels have the potential to be lowered.
3. Negative thoughts are expelled as you take in positivity.
4. Focusing on the present helps you achieve mindfulness.
5. Unplugging from technology promotes creation over consumption.
6. Coloring can be done by anyone, not just artists or creative types.
7. It’s a hobby that can be taken with you wherever you go.