All Pats’ Day is a fun irreverent collection of activities planned for March 16 and hosted by Greenville downtown businesses and the City of Greenville. In addition to downtown pubs (Ashen Rose, Corner Street Pub, and Landon Winery) serving Green Beer all day long, there are also two fun events scheduled:
The First Annual All Pats’ Day Pedestrian Parade starts lining up inside The Texan Theater around 12:30 p.m. and will kick off a very unusual route starting at 1p.m. The parade will wind through The Texan, down sidewalks on Lee, through Uptown Forum, Capital Title, and Landon Winery before ending on the North Court House Steps for a photo op around 1:30 p.m. The parade organizers are calling for all Pat’s, Patty’s, Patricia’s, Patrick’s (or anyone who wants to have some fun) to be in the parade. Anyone not in the parade is invited watch the fun. Look for the green tape running down the sidewalk and across the merchants’ floors to know where the actual parade route is. Byron Taylor will be the Grand Marshall.
Then, starting promptly at 2:00 p.m. at Landon Winery, teams of four will embark on the First Annual All Pats’ Day Scavenger Hunt. For this special hunt, teams will be bungee corded together for a two hour experience that will send them from one end of downtown to the other, up and down both Lee Street and Washington Street, starting and ending at Landon Winery. The winning team is announced around 4:30 p.m. at Landon's and wins a "Pot of Gold" made up of great prizes from Greenville’s downtown merchants. The teams will be searching for things in four different categories:
1. History – Look for the Historical plaques and markers located all over downtown to answer questions about Greenville’s rich history.
2. Photo Hunt – Based on the clues, teams will take specific photos of things found only in downtown Greenville. One person in each team is the photographer and will use their own smart phone to take the photos.
3. Merchants/Organizations – For these clues, participants will either enter a downtown merchant and ask one of their employees a question, or they can answer the question by looking in their display window.
4. Public Art – For this set of questions, teams will observe multiple downtown public art installations. Many can be answered from the plaques placed on the individual pieces.
Also, several merchants are offering special deals on March 16 and some have special live entertainment lined up.
1. Parade participants start lining up and getting organized at The Texan Theater between 12:30 and 1:00 p.m. and should wear their craziest green garb.
2. Parade observers need to line up along the parade route by 1 p.m.
3. Scavenger Hunt participants must sign up their teams at Landon Winery from now through the start of the event. Teams must have four members - no exceptions, and hunters must wear pants with belt loops for the bungee cords. Make sure one person on the team has a camera.