Several regional Chambers of Commerce were recognized recently through the Texas Chamber of Commerce Executives (TCCE) Annual Excellence Awards.
The awards honor organizations for exceptional efforts in marketing, communications and media outreach. Awards are judged in seven categories: Outstanding Chamber Map, Outstanding Brochure, Outstanding Magazine or Directory, Excellence in Print or Electronic Newsletter, Outstanding Chamber Website, Excellence in Social Media Marketing and Communications, and Outstanding Marketing Campaign.
Among the winners, based on city population are:
- Sherman Chamber – First Place for Directories/Community Profiles
- Cedar Hill Chamber — First Place for Websites
250,000 to 499,999
- Nacogdoches County Chamber — Two Second Place awards for the two categories of Brochures and Directors/Community Profiles
- Allen Fairview Chamber — Second Place for Maps
800,000 and Above
- Grapevine Chamber — First Place in two categories for Maps and Websites, and two Second Place awards for Brochures and Marketing Campaigns
- Plano Chamber — Two Second Place awards for the categories of Directories/Community Profiles and Social Media Campaigns
The Nacogdoches County Chamber of Commerce received two 2nd place honors in its category. The 17th Annual Agriculture Appreciation & Awareness Banquet brochure designed by Ramona Keith at TFP Nutrition was recognized in the Outstanding Brochure division, and the 2018 Nacogdoches Guide & Chamber Directory published by Point A Media was recognized in the Outstanding Magazine or Directory division.
"Chambers of Commerce are the voice of business and quite often the communities they serve," said Aaron Cox of TCCE. "This highly competitive process demonstrates how these organizations fulfill this task with excellence daily, often with little or no accolades. This award demonstrates the exceptional work carried out by the Nacogdoches County Chamber of Commerce and provides them well deserved recognition."
The overall competition had more than 200 entries from which the best were judged by panels of experts. "This prestigious honor is cause for the staff, members and community to celebrate," said Kelly Hall, 2018 TCCE Board Chairman and CEO of the Longview Chamber of Commerce. "This type of recognition is indicative of the great work, creativity and innovation that exists in these chambers, Congratulations to all!"